This role is based at Wessex Galvanizers Ltd, Tower Industrial Estate, Tower Lane, Eastleigh, Hampshire, S050 6NZ
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Forklift Driver to join our busy team at Wessex Galvanizers Ltd based in Hampshire, SO50 6NZ. We are part of Wedge Group Galvanizing, a successful family-owned business offering secure employment to its employees for over 150 years. We have 14 sites nationwide and apply corrosion protection to all the steel you regularly see around you such as street furniture, lampposts, bridge beams and even football stadiums through our galvanizing process.
You won’t just be joining a business; you’ll be part of a group that can offer you opportunities and development for the whole of your career!
We pride ourselves on caring for each other, with fairness and trust at our core. If you have similar values, you might find us to be a great place to work.
What’s the role?
As a Forklift Driver you will help to deliver our Company’s mission being the ‘UK’s Galvanizer of choice’ through being an integral part of a team that delivers high-quality products and service to all our customers.
You will be based in a factory environment and main responsibilities include:
• Operating forklifts to move steel around site safely.
• Preparing work to enter the galvanizing process.
• Operating overhead crane equipment and forklifts.
• Ensuring working areas are kept safe and tidy, working with your colleagues and company systems to highlight any concerns.
• Following training and procedures for all production-based activities and practices in your area.
Who would suit this role?
No training is required as full training will be provided.
This role would suit someone who is a team-player, conscientious and has a ‘can-do’ attitude.
The work often involves a reasonable amount of physical activity, so it would suit someone who is confident in lifting and handling work (with appropriate training offered to all).
Experience in a manufacturing environment is advantageous but not essential.
Must possess a forklift licence.
What are the benefits?
• A permanent 40 hour contract, with gross pay from £511 per week.
• Secure employment with a longstanding supportive business with opportunity for advancement.
• Annual pay reviews.
• Regular opportunities to complete overtime to enhance income.
• 25 days holiday (plus statutory days) per calendar year – 5 days more than the legal requirement.
• Enhanced pay for other leave (paternity, maternity etc.).
• Paid breaks during shifts are included in the hours of work.
• Company pension scheme matching employee pension contributions.
• Employment protection and death in service cover for employees – paying out up to 2.5x annual salary.
• Employee Assistance Programme – offering free wellbeing (mental and physical) and financial advice and support.
• Employee discount scheme including restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Full training, equipment and PPE provided.
• Annual free flu vaccinations.
• Long service awards.
• Company share purchase opportunity.
• Free parking.
Working Monday to Friday – weekly rotational shifts between 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm.
How to apply?
If this sounds like a job that might be right for you, please apply online by completing an application form
Wedge Group Galvanizing is an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive culture where everyone is valued and welcomed.