Night Shift Supervisor
Night Shift Supervisor
This role is based at Scottish Galvanizers Ltd, Maclellan Street, Glasgow, G41 1RR
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Night Shift Supervisor to join our busy team at Scottish Galvanizers Ltd based in Glasgow, G41 1RR. We are part of Wedge Group Galvanizing, a successful family-owned business offering secure employment to its employees for over 150 years. We have 14 sites nationwide and apply corrosion protection to all the steel you regularly see around you such as street furniture, lampposts, bridge beams and even football stadiums through our galvanizing process.
You won’t just be joining a business; you’ll be part of a group that can offer you opportunities and development for the whole of your career!
We pride ourselves on caring for each other, with fairness and trust at our core. If you have similar values, you might find us to be a great place to work.
What’s the role?
As a Night Shift Supervisor you will help to deliver our Company’s mission being the ‘UK’s Galvanizer of choice’ through leading a team that delivers high-quality products and service to all our customers.
You will be based in a factory environment and main responsibilities include:
• Putting Safety First – supervising safe working practices of the shift and visitors.
• Following the Production Plan and allocating resources, operatives, and equipment.
• Developing shift members to enable multi-tasking capability.
• Ensuring that work is prioritised to achieve optimum productivity in line with the production programme and seeking to maximise efficiency where possible.
• Ensuring shift personnel follow quality compliance needs, including defect reporting and implementing improvements as necessary.
• Completing H&S compliance monitoring.
• Suggesting and implementing improvements to facilities and the work environment.
Who would suit this role?
This role would suit someone who is organised, self-motivated, a team-player, conscientious and has a ‘can-do’ attitude.
A reasonable level of IT and numeracy/literacy, be hands on and willing to get stuck into anything that needs doing.
A valid Counterbalance FLT license would advantageous but not essential.
Any previous galvanizing or steel experience would be beneficial.
What are the benefits?
• A permanent 38-hour contract, with gross pay from £18.00 to £20.00 per hour.
• Secure employment with a longstanding supportive business with opportunity for advancement.
• Annual pay reviews
• Regular opportunities to complete overtime to enhance income.
• 25 days holiday (plus statutory days) per calendar year – 5 days more than the legal requirement.
• Enhanced pay for other leave (paternity, maternity etc.).
• Paid breaks during shifts are included in the hours of work.
• Company pension scheme matching employee pension contributions.
• Employment protection and death in service cover for employees – paying out up to 2.5x annual salary.
• Employee Assistance Programme – offering free wellbeing (mental and physical) and financial advice and support.
• Employee discount scheme including restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Full training, equipment and PPE provided.
• Annual free flu vaccinations.
• Long service awards.
• Company shares purchase opportunity.
• Free parking.
Working Monday to Friday – Night shifts 2300-0700 Mon-Thu and 18:30- Midnight Friday.
How to apply?
If this sounds like a job that might be right for you, please apply online by completing an application form
Wedge Group Galvanizing is an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive culture where everyone is valued and welcomed.