This role is based at Head Office, Stafford Street, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 1RZ
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join our team based at our Head Office in Willenhall, WV13. Wedge Group Galvanizing are a successful family-owned business offering secure employment to our employees for over 150 years. We have 14 sites nationwide and apply corrosion protection to all the steel you regularly see around you such as street furniture, lampposts, bridge beams and even football stadiums through our galvanizing process.
You won’t just be joining a business; you’ll be part of a group that can offer you opportunities and development for the whole of your career!
We pride ourselves on caring for each other, with fairness and trust at our core. If you have similar values, you might find us to be a great place to work.
What’s the role?
As the Project Engineer, you will help to deliver our Company’s mission of being the ‘UK’s Galvanizer of choice’ through supporting the Group Engineering department across our network of UK plants.
Main responsibilities include:
• Supporting the Assistant Group Engineer & Group Maintenance Manager in all aspects of engineering and maintenance
• Completing site-based activities in preparation for engineering project works and overseeing ongoing project works as needed
• Providing support to engineering teams on sites
• Aiding in response to equipment breakdowns and resolving related issues in support of site engineering teams
• Co-ordinating contractor activity on site projects
Who would suit this role?
Candidates for this role should have significant experience within an engineering role. They will preferably hold electrical installation and testing qualifications; however electrical maintenance qualifications will be considered.
It would be advantageous if the candidate has experience of working on engineering projects, as well as resolving plant failure issues independently when required – any previous experience working with overhead cranes/hoists would be beneficial.
This role would suit someone who is organised, self-motivated and has the flexibility to manage their own work and that of contractors on site safely and effectively.
Must be capable of good communication and cooperation with colleagues and other stakeholders.
What are the benefits?
• A permanent 40-hour contract, with gross pay of £36,000 – £40,000 per annum.
• A company car
• Generous bonus scheme based on the performance of the Company, paying out in July and December
• Secure employment with a longstanding supportive business with opportunity for advancement.
• Annual pay reviews.
• 25 days holiday (plus statutory days) per calendar year – 5 days more than the legal requirement.
• Enhanced pay for other leave (paternity, maternity etc).
• Defined benefit pension – Final Salary Pension Scheme.
• Private medical insurance
• Employment protection and death in service cover for employees – paying out up to 3x annual salary.
• Employee Assistance Programme – offering free wellbeing (mental and physical) and financial advice and support.
• Employee discount scheme including restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Annual free flu vaccinations.
• Long service awards.
• Company share purchase opportunity.
• Free parking.
40 hours per week which are worked in 8-hour slots (excluding 1 hour lunch break) at some point between 06:00 and 22:00, Monday to Friday inclusive.
How to apply?
If this sounds like a job that might be right for you, please apply online by completing an application form – Application Form
Wedge Group Galvanizing is an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive culture where everyone is valued and welcomed.