We regularly undertake customer service surveys through the globally renowned Net Promoter Score scheme which measures customer loyalty and satisfaction. Made up of three categories — Promoters (satisfied), Passives (neutral) and Detractors (dissatisfied) — the score is worked out by subtracting the percentage of Detractors from Promoters.
Our Customer Promise is lived and breathed by each and every one of our 14 plants. It’s a promise that we make as a group to our customers, to be flexible, to provide excellence in product and service quality, to seek their views to continue improving our service and to utilise our national network of plants.
We continue to enhance our galvanizing service with investment in new fleet, new galvanizing plant and equipment, technology enhancements, as well as a commitment to further invest in more sustainable practices.
Wedge Group Galvanizing has management systems and procedures in place to ensure customers receive the best quality service. These include:
- Systems based on ISO 9000 which are compatible and flexible to fit with customer Factory Production Control Systems
- Certification to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (View Certificate)
- Components galvanized to EN ISO 1461 or otherwise agreed specification
- All 14 Wedge plants have a CLASS 1 BATH* with agreed compositional limits and records of assessment retained for 10 years
- More than 50 qualified personnel certified to the GA/BCSA Post-Galvanizing Inspectors course
- Traceability of work maintained in relation to the identified execution class for the components
- Tolerances on work assessed after galvanizing and adverse indicators (e.g distortion) reported to steelwork contractor
- Durability declared – galvanized to EN ISO 1461 or other agreed standard
* A ‘CLASS 1 BATH refers to some of the constituent elements within the zinc melt.
TIN < 0.100%
LEAD + (10 x BISMUTH) < 1.500%
It is stated that by keeping the above elements (tin, lead and bismuth) within the above maximum levels that this will assist in preventing steel cracking when being galvanized.
Confidence in Working With Us
Wedge Group Galvanizing has supplier approval for a number of key sectors including Rail, Power and Oil & Gas.
We have been through their stringent processes covering our H&S, Environmental and Quality procedures, so customers can be assured of high-quality galvanizing backed by excellent customer-focused service.