Senior Maintenance Engineer
Senior Maintenance Engineer
This role is based at B.E. Wedge Ltd, Stafford Street, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 1RZ
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Maintenance Engineer to join our busy team at B.E. Wedge Ltd based in Willenhall, WV13. We are part of Wedge Group Galvanizing, a successful family-owned business offering secure employment to its employees for over 150 years. We have 14 sites nationwide and apply corrosion protection to all the steel you regularly see around you such as street furniture, lampposts, bridge beams and even football stadiums through our galvanizing process.
You won’t just be joining a business; you’ll be part of a group that can offer you opportunities and development for the whole of your career!
We pride ourselves on caring for each other, with fairness and trust at our core. If you have similar values, you might find us to be a great place to work.
What’s the role?
As the Senior Maintenance Engineer, you will help to deliver our Company’s mission being the ‘UK’s Galvanizer of choice’ through ensuring the safe and efficient working of plant and equipment at our B.E. Wedge site.
Main responsibilities include:
• Putting Safety First – Operating safe working practices within the work environment.
• Leading the maintenance team on site
• Ensuring regulatory compliance of equipment and facilities
• Ownership of the site’s preventative maintenance systems
• Conducting and overseeing electrical diagnostic and fault-finding activities
• Responding to equipment breakdowns and resolving related issues
• Co-ordinating contractor activity on site
Who would suit this role?
Candidates for this role should have significant experience within an engineering role, preferably at supervisory level. They will preferably hold electrical installation and testing qualifications; however electrical maintenance qualifications will be considered.
This role would suit someone who is organised, self-motivated, a team-player, conscientious and has a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Must be capable of good communication and cooperation with colleagues and other stakeholders.
Any previous experience working with overhead cranes/hoists would be beneficial.
What are the benefits?
• A permanent 40-hour contract, with gross pay of £36,000 – £40,000 per annum.
• On-call payments for any out-of-hours callout work
• Regular opportunities to complete overtime to enhance income.
• Generous bonus scheme based on the performance of the Company, paying out in July and December
• Secure employment with a longstanding supportive business with opportunity for advancement.
• Annual pay reviews.
• 25 days holiday (plus statutory days) per calendar year – 5 days more than the legal requirement.
• Enhanced pay for other leave (paternity, maternity etc.).
• Paid breaks during shifts are included in the hours of work.
• Company pension scheme matching employee pension contributions.
• Employment protection and death in service cover for employees – paying out up to 2.5x annual salary.
• Employee Assistance Programme – offering free wellbeing (mental and physical) and financial advice and support.
• Employee discount scheme including restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Full training, equipment and PPE provided.
• Annual free flu vaccinations.
• Long service awards.
• Company share purchase opportunity.
• Free parking.
40 hours per week which are worked in 8-hour slots (excluding 1 hour lunch break) at some point between 06:00 and 22:00, Monday to Friday inclusive.
How to apply?
If this sounds like a job that might be right for you, please apply online by completing an application form
Wedge Group Galvanizing is an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive culture where everyone is valued and welcomed.